Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Baked Crunchy French Toast

Having breakfast again this week... I just love breakfast for dinner! Here is my twist on french toast.

This came from the idea that I wanted to make french toast without sitting over the pan and making it one at a time. Then of course I added a new element!

Enjoy!

This works best with wheat bread (I use Arnold 12 grain)


French Toast Dip

1 egg per two pieces of toast
1/2 cup of milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon sugar

Preheat oven to 425degreesF
Mix that all together in a shallow pan. In another pan, crumble up corn flakes. Dip the bread in the french toast dip then the corn flake mixture. Place on stone or baking sheet. Bake for 20 mins, flipping sides at halfway mark. Serve with bacon or like in my picture fresh fruit, vanilla honey yogurt and my Breakfast Cups!!!! (Arent you just wanting to know what those are???)

Well you are in luck! This is a double recipe post!

Mariah's Breakfast Cups!

I normally make these with mini cups for parties etc, but when I want them for a meal I make them with a large muffin pan.

1 roll out already made pie dough
all purpose flour for rolling
2tbsp whole grain mustard
1 can Hormel Real Bacon Bits
4 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
S&P
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tsp of chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)

Preheat oven to 425 (I make these in the same oven at the same time at the french toast)

Roll the dough out to just a little more thin  and lightly flour the counter and cut out 2 circles per cup with a biscuit cutter., gently pleating the sides of the dough as you ease into the molds. Place 1/2 teaspoon of the mustard into the base of each pastry shell and top with a little of the bacon.

In a bowl whisk the eggs and milk to a lighter mixture.
Place a little of the mixture over the bacon to fill the cup almost to the top. Add the S&P and sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the tops. Bake for 20 minutes, serve warm, garnish wish parsley.

YUM YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Love this, You left off Corn Flakes in the ingredient list so I'm wondering how much you use or if it even matters how much? thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its about two cups but its just enough to cover them. Half a box is more than enough.

    ReplyDelete