Sunday, June 19, 2011

Loaded Potato Salad

So, I had every intention of posting a picture with this recipe, but we were all so hungry and it was so hot outside that I just forgot! But I promise you, it is really good! Just ask my friends that ate it!

So I started off with grilled barbeque chicken (if you want my homemade sauce recipe, you might be able to twist my arm to post it) and then we had this side. I love it because I do not like mayo, and I needed a side that didnt need to be cold to stay fresh. Just put this in the cooler after sitting in the fridge in the morning and it was perfect.

Enjoy!

5 pounds of new red potatoes
1 bunch of green onions, chopped finely (white and green parts)
1 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese (best with white cheddar) shredded
3 cups sour cream (I use light of course)
S&P

Wash and cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Cook in salted water until tender, drain and set aside.

Cut up Bacon into bits and cook in pan until crispy, drain out grease and chop more if desired

In a very large bowl, stir together the sour cream, green onions and bacon, add to the potatoes and stir carefully.

Mix together the cheese and add pepper (very light on the salt, trust me the bacon has enough)

Serve cold or hot!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment